Safety case engineer role in Manchester - Nuclear
Your new company
You will be joining a specialist nuclear consultancy who work with some of the nuclear industry's most complex and challenging nuclear projects; combining extensive industry experience with the technical expertise of its multi-disciplined teams of consultants and engineers. Due to growth they are looking to appoint a Safety case engineer to the team in Manchester.
Technically the role requires a mixture of industry, legislation and technical knowledge in areas such as decommissioning (strategy, optioneering) decontamination (best practice), transport, human factors, waste management (hierarchy, waste led decommissioning) together with knowledge of client specific systems.
Your new role
You will be responsible for delivering the work within the budget and to the agreed programme whilst keeping track of the project (all aspects) and keeping all concerned informed of both technical and commercial progress. You will demonstrate good level of project management knowledge and experience. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of and experience in the production of safety case documents, for a number of plant types at different lifecycle stages, as part of a team, demonstrating the capability to work unsupervised within a team.
- Demonstrate direct involvement in the production of all major elements of safety cases in particular fault analysis and the identification and specification of safety systems (engineered and procedural)
- Provide clear evidence of being directly involved in the integrated design process and interfacing with engineers and human factors specialists
- Demonstrate involvement in the production of complicated/high category safety cases under the supervision of an experienced safety case project manager
- Ability to project manage the production of less complex/lower hazard category safety cases
- Lead technical discussions and presentation of work to clients
- Have taken the lead for defined technical packages in projects and provide deliverables to project requirements
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature technical judgement in anticipating and solving problems
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a number of demonstrable years experience in a safety case role in the nuclear sector.
You will have experience in project management, commercial awareness, Be clear and up to date with regards to the security of all documentation, computing in general, access to systems. Demonstrate the ability to leverage own knowledge, experience and network to bring work in for self and others.
You will ideally be a chartered engineer or equivalent professional status is preferred.
What you'll get in return
- 25 days holiday raising by 1 day per year to a cap of 30 plus bank holidays.
- 8% Employer Pension contributions
- 8% bonus potential (discretionary)
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance (available at single, partner and family level) - please note this is a taxable benefit
- Group Life Assurance - 4 times annual salary
- Group Income Protection - pays at c75% of salary if employee has been absent from work due to sickness for 65+ days
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.