Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise, and they currently have an opening for an Associate Highways Engineer to join the team on a full-time permanent basis in their Central London office.
The successful candidate will be self-motivating and proactive, driving expansion of existing areas and maximising new sector opportunities and will combine managerial leadership with technical responsibility.
- Promoting and ensuring adherence to health and safety policy and procedures,
- Managing discrete design packages and multi-disciplinary design teams,
- Guiding teams and clients through the approval processes,
- Showing technical leadership and providing technical expertise,
- Managing task programme and budgets,
- Assisting Project Managers on major schemes and Account Leaders with business development,
- Motivating, mentoring and guiding and acting as a role model to junior staff in their technical and career development.
- A degree in civil or highways engineering,
- Full awareness of Health and Safety Legislation and how it is applied to the design process,
- Chartership or Incorporated Engineer with ICE or CIHT or suitable relevant experience,
- Knowledge of highway design standards (DMRB) and specification (MCHW),
- A track record in highway design and management of multi-discipline teams and experienced in coaching junior staff,
- Highways construction experience,
- Proven experience in leading design teams and able to interpret client requirements to produce sound engineering proposals,
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent team work abilities,
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Senior / Associate Highways Engineer who wishes to take that important next career step into a senior managerial position where you will be heading up your own team.
The successful Associate Highways Engineer will receive a competitive salary & generous benefits package along with a talented team of engineers & technicians to mentor.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Graham Ventham for more details.