Our client, a leading contractor are looking for a Technology Services Manager with a thorough understanding of highways technology to joint their team based in Reading.
- The Regional Technology Service will be integrated as part of the M&R contracts and supported in their role by the wider technology maintenance community within the business.
- The Regional Technology Service Manager will work closely with Highways England Asset and Service Managers to ensure the needs of the network and Highways England's customers are best served.
- Manage a step change in the delivery of technology maintenance services in line with ADAMR.
- Responsible for delivery of cyclic and reactive maintenance within a challenging set of SLAs agreed with Highways England and outlined in ADAMR.
- Take responsibility, as the designated manager for the electrical compliance in accordance with BS7671.
- Plan, deliver, innovate and manage the allocated work programmes and services to time, within budget and in accordance with best value to satisfy the objectives and targets of the contracts.
- The Regional Technology Service Manager must ensure close collaboration with Traffic Management teams to ensure excellent traffic management provision for maintenance services.
- Report directly to Highways England and the project board on contract performance. Collaborate with key supply chain partners, other areas of the business and with the client to deliver exceptional service levels to customers.
- Degree/equivalent qualification in technology related discipline - Desirable
- A good understanding of the highway technology and electrical industry
- Working knowledge of current Health and Safety, Highways Act, Electricity at Work Act, CDM legislation, Highway electrical asset management plans
- Proven experience leading, motivating, managing and developing a team of site-based engineering staff.
- Electrical Compliance in accordance with BS7671, Lighting Compliance in accordance BS5489
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or IOSH Managing Safely qualified
- Computer literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave + bank holidays (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday) together with two employee Share Scheme options.