As a Senior Civil Engineer you will be chartered MICE or nearing chartership. Taking responsibility is a given and you will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of projects and deliver an effective and professional service to our clients.
This is a hands-on role seeing projects through from start to finish. There is the opportunity for development on the client management, commercial and marketing side of the business.
Key duties will include:
- Communicating directly with clients, developing client briefs & attending project meetings.
- Project management to include preparing quotations, invoicing and responsibility for the commercial success of projects
- Management of production of technical documents by other team members
- Developing schemes and proposing engineering solutions for projects
- Verifying design calculations and drawings done by other engineers and technicians
- Visits to site to represent the company and carry out investigations and monitor construction
- Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief
- Preparation of contract documents, written reports and specifications.
Skills and Experience
- a degree/MEng in Civil Engineering or a related field
- technical design excellence and detailed understanding of relevant Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations
- up to date knowledge of current UK codes of practice, design standards, Building Regulations and health and safety
- at least 5 years’ experience of working in a UK engineering consultancy
- excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with clients, other members of the team and produce well-written, concise reports
- experience of managing and mentoring a team of engineers and technicians or a strong interest in developing in this area.
You must be currently resident and eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
Full information is available on our website at www.datrys.net/recruitment