MEP Digital Engineer
Location - Leeds
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
The MEP Digital Engineer is a core part of the Engineering Job Family and Digital Engineering Function. The DE function within Crown House provides the capability to fully engineer our projects before commencing work on site ensuring an optimised engineered solution, technical excellence, maximised use of offsite products, reduced waste, and enhanced delivery efficiency.
- To provide expertise to the DE team in complex technical areas such as plantrooms and risers
- To assist the Lead MEP Digital Engineer with organising project information and developing project standards and disseminating information clearly to the project BIM team
- To assist the Lead MEP Digital Engineer to interface with design teams to ensure DfMA strategy, coordination good practice and buildability principles are incorporated in to design information
- Produce 3d models and drawings for installation, offsite manufacture and record purposes for mechanical, public health, electrical and builders work services
- Produce 3d models and drawings in accordance with the CHt Digital Engineering standards, CDM requirements, project specifications, employers' requirements and good practice
- To coordinate MEP services and ensure that they are integrated with the building fabric and structure
- Maintain and update the Cht Digital Engineering drawing tracker and project dashboard as required by the Lead Digital Engineer
- Contribute to the implementation of Digital Engineering by supporting the application of DE tasks and processes at bid, pre-construction and construction stages
- Previous experience of using Revit Fabrication Parts
- A knowledge of MEP services coordination principles and how they integrate with building fabric and structure and can provide solutions and advice to architectural and structural teams for services solutions
- A good knowledge of BIM, including BEP's, LOD requirements, and importance of clash detection and model interrogation.
- Ideally, experience of producing installation and offsite manufacture drawings for complex plantrooms and risers
- At least 3 years' experience using Revit MEP software and Fabrication CADMEP producing
- Ability to produce 2D drawings, including schematics, MEP services end sheets for GA single service layouts and multi service sections, risers, complex plantrooms, offsite manufacture end sheets and spool drawings
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email