Site Engineer - Civils- Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes
Work type: Civil Engineering - Earthworks-Utilities-Piling-Structures
Develop your career in our new Engineering position for Laing O'Rourke, one of the UK's most advanced, and innovative, engineering and business services specialists.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the East West Rail Project Phase 2 Programme, an alliance of three exceptional companies and Network Rail as the client. East West Rail Phase 2 is a £1.2 billion programme providing a strategic route linking key cities Oxford, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Bedford.
If you feel you can help support this complex project and enjoy a challenging linear project then apply today. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the project delivery through the successful management and delivery for civil engineering work in rail infrastructure.
Additional activities include:
- Engineering Methods - Delivery of best solutions and working practices. Responsible for dimensional control.
- Quality - Implementation of ITPs and comply with quality standards.
- Permanent woks and materials / plant - Basic understanding of relevant capabilities of materials, plants and systems.
- Construction methods, practice and innovation - Understand methods being used on site with the ability to measure and record.
- Temporary Works - Understand temporary works requirements and supervise if necessary.
- Design process - Working with Section Engineers to communicate to teams
- HSE - Work with the teams and H&S professionals to ensure safe working practices.
- Responsible for student or intern engineers when required
You might not have all of the below, don't worry you will have transferable skills we can support to help your development and career progression.
Knowledge and experience:
- Rail / Highway / Utilities / Earthworks related engineering works
- Excavation Knowledge such as - cut/fill, import/export, testing, monitoring, ground stabilisation, slope stability & temporary works
- Geotechnical knowledge - material identification, sampling & testing
- An interest in Digital Engineer (BIM)
- Large diameter drainage and utilities
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power ofour experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email