Project: Beckton Water Treatment Works
Location: Beckton (E6 Postcode)
Laing O'Rourke has a requirement for a permanent Site Engineer to join our Beckton AMP7 project in East London.
Beckton is the largest treatment works in the UK, situated north of the river Thames and close to City Airport. The next phase of enhancement works known as AMP7 will see further improvements to the facility along with an improved capacity. The client Thames Water has awarded Laing O'Rourke a scope of works of around £120m.
The role has a variety of tasks and operates a self-delivery model rather than subcontractor reliance. You will work with a number of influential people and specialist teams from the water sector.
Supporting the project delivery to meet the project's needs by providing engineering expertise in a water treatment works environment.
- Engineering Methods - Delivery of best solutions and working practices. Responsible for dimensional control.
- Quality - Implementation of ITPs and comply with quality standards.
- Permanent woks and materials / plant - Basic understanding of relevant capabilities of materials, plants and systems.
- Construction methods, practice and innovation - Understand methods being used on site with the ability to measure and record.
- Temporary Works - Understand temporary works requirements and supervise if necessary.
- Design process - Working with Section Engineers to communicate to teams
- HSE - Work with the teams and H&S professionals to ensure safe working practices.
- Responsible for student or intern engineers when required
The type of knowledge that will help you thrive in the role or add to your skill set include:
- Waste water or Similar engineering experience
- Enabling works through to delivery of structures
- Civil engineering degree or similar practical experience
- Knowledge of self-delivery
- Understanding of offsite manufacturing
- Basic understanding of BIM
- Commercial awareness
- Competent with Microsoft packages especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The position will be based on site at Beckton and working a Monday to Friday. It is a great opportunity to enhance your site experience and establish strong working relationships with the project team.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email