A Project Engineer job based in Stoke-on-Trent paying up to £60,000 per annum DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working alongside a global technology and manufacturing corporation to recruit a Project Engineer to join their Stoke-on-Trent office. This is a key position to ensure the business meet their aim to become the key supplier of choice to their customers, reporting in to the Project Engineering Manager.
Your new role
Your new role will be accountable for the successful delivery on time and on budget of packaged process systems to a range of global customers. Main duties involved include:
- Project ownership, being the main point of contact for customers and suppliers.
- Working on large-scale global projects.
- Project planning across engineering, procurement, invoicing, quality, and construction.
- Ensuring information including warranties and indemnities are sent to suppliers.
- Finding ways to improve efficiency and operate better.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Exceed project goals and margins.
No VISA sponsorship will be given so applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will require:
- Project management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Educated to degree or diploma level within an engineering-related discipline.
- Proven ability in managing projects and working autonomously.
- Exposure to the petrochemical/oil & gas industries is essential.
- Ability to provide technical knowledge to business issues.
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to reference previous experience in handling supplier/customer issues.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent basic salary of between £40,000 and £60,000 per annum, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and private medical and life insurance cover.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.