BMS Commissioning Engineer
Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Location: project-based, Manchester / NW
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Enterprise Solutions, Laing O'Rourke's BMS business will undertake a full 'Turnkey' BMS installation, comprising the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the complete automatic control systems to provide control and monitoring of the mechanical engineering systems and plant installed on major flagship projects.
- To take the project from design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and soft-landing period of the BMS.
- Responsible for ensuring the project is delivered on time and on budget to a satisfied customer.
- Responsible for the commercial performance of the project including the preparation, submission and agreement of variations.
- Overall responsibility for health and safety management on all managed projects.
- Ensuring standard documents are continually used and maintained including the Schedule of Deliverables, Project Dashboard, Functional Design Specifications, Points Schedules, Panel Drawings, Technical submittals, RFI's, etc.
What do we look for?
- Proven track record of project management in the construction industry with experience in BMS and controls systems, M&E etc.
- Experience in producing and managing a programme of works
- Significant experience working to budgets of £1m - £6m
- Experience of managing health and safety in a construction environment
- Valid CSCS or ECS site card
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email