Assistant MEP Digital Engineer
Location - London (Olympia - West London)
The Assistant MEP Digital Engineer is part of the Engineering Job Family and Digital Engineering
Function. The DE function within Crown House provides the capability to fully engineer our projects
before commencing work on site ensuring an optimised engineered solution, technical excellence,
maximised used of offsite products, reduced waste and enhanced delivery efficiency.
An Assistant Digital Engineer must be able to provide support to Digital/Senior/Lead Digital Engineers
in the delivery of MEP Digital Engineering objectives across bids and live projects. Under assistance and
direction, they will work in compliance with defined CHt Digital Engineering procedures and processes
to produce drawings for installation and manufacture
- Delivers the Technical and LOR Capabilities as set out below.
- Clearly demonstrates the Excellence+ behaviours set out below.
- Assist with the preparation of drawings for installation, offsite manufacture and record purposes
- Produce drawings in accordance with the CHt Digital Engineering standards
- Check all work thoroughly before handing over to the project line manager
- Work as part of a team to produce consistent output
- Gain an understanding of how services coordinate and integrate with the building fabric and
- Assist with creating concept 3d models for tenders and work winning
- Work as directed by the Lead Digital Engineer on a project by project basis
- Maintain and update the Cht Digital Engineering drawing tracker and project dashboard as
required by the Lead Digital Engineer
- Gain an understanding of BIM Level 2 and its implementation
- Supports the Digital Engineering team in maintaining collaborative working relationships with key
Stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver DE/BIM deliverables.
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma or higher in Building Services Engineering.
- Experience using Revit MEP software
- Relevant technical / practical experience within an MEP design / contractor role
- Is aware of typical MEP services and their methods of installation
- Ability to author and interrogate basic 3D models using Revit MEP and Navisworks producing
basic outputs under supervision
- Ability to produce 2D drawings, including schematics, MEP services end sheets, offsite
manufacture end sheets
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email