Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise, and they currently have an opening for a Senior Highways Engineer to join the engineering team in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
You will join a team who work on major prestigious projects and this opportunity will therefore enable you to advance your career whilst achieving personal growth and development.
- The design and documentation of Highway and Transportation projects,
- To lead on projects ensuring delivery of agreed commissions and that client expectations are met or exceeded,
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a multi-disciplinary project from conceptual design, throughout the project cycle,
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities as necessary to implement the construction of the project,
- Communicating with suppliers, clients and contractors,
- Giving technical advice to our clients and potential clients,
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget,
- Supporting junior staff with their training and development.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, CEng MICE or near Chartered,
- A minimum of 7 years' industry experience,
- In depth understanding of geometric highway design and design standards,
- Experience of DMRB, Highway Drainage, Earthworks Design and Utilities Design,
- Proficient in the use of Infraworks, Civil 3D, Microdrainage and Navisworks,
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration,
- Good project management skills and financial management.
If you aspire to join a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors then this could be the role for you. There is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1-3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
To apply for this Senior Highways Engineer vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.