Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Project: Beckton Water Treatment Works
Laing O'Rourke has a requirement for a permanent Site Engineer to join our Beckton AMP7 project in East London.
Beckton is the largest treatment works in the UK, situated north of the river Thames and close to City Airport. The next phase of enhancement works known as AMP7 will see further improvements to the facility along with an improved capacity. The client Thames Water has awarded Laing O'Rourke a scope of works of around £120m.
The role has a variety of tasks and operates a self-delivery model rather than subcontractor reliance. You will work with a number of influential people and specialist teams from the water sector.
Supporting the project delivery to meet the project's needs by providing engineering expertise in a water treatment works environment.
- Engineering Methods - Delivery of best solutions and working practices. Responsible for dimensional control.
- Quality - Implementation of ITPs and comply with quality standards.
- Permanent woks and materials / plant - Basic understanding of relevant capabilities of materials, plants and systems.
- Construction methods, practice and innovation - Understand methods being used on site with the ability to measure and record.
- Temporary Works - Understand temporary works requirements and supervise if necessary.
- Design process - Working with Section Engineers to communicate to teams
- HSE - Work with the teams and H&S professionals to ensure safe working practices.
- Responsible for student or intern engineers when required
The type of knowledge that will help you thrive in the role or add to your skill set include:
- Waste water or Similar engineering experience
- Enabling works through to delivery of structures
- Civil engineering degree or similar practical experience
- Knowledge of self-delivery
- Understanding of offsite manufacturing
- Basic understanding of BIM
- Commercial awareness
- Competent with Microsoft packages especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The position will be based on site at Beckton and working a Monday to Friday. It is a great opportunity to enhance your site experience and establish strong working relationships with the project team.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Apply now or check out more about us at http://www.laingorourke.com/responsibility. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally-focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.