Principal Digital Engineer for digital initiatives
Category: Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Location: Manchester or Dartford with other locations considered
Are you a BIM specialist with a passion for implementing change? Can you enthuse others about digital engineering initiatives? Then you could be the digital engineering professional we are looking for. As a digital engineering professional, you will support our digital team in the successful implementation of key digital initiatives for the business.
Do you have expertise in new and advanced methods of using data, 3D modelling and visualisation for design, manufacturing and construction? Then you could be working closely with partners from the business and other members of the team such as a product owner and project leads, to develop, test and deploy new systems that will facilitate machine readable and interoperable structured data.
We are looking for someone with the ability to evaluate and determine the best process and technology that is best suited to Laing O'Rourke's various business functions. Are you a facilitator who can work collaboratively with other teams? Can you communicate across IT, Digital Engineering, leadership teams and technology partners? Then look at some of the responsibilities below.
What does the success profile of a suitable applicant look like?
- An excellent communicator who can articulate information across a diverse group
- Knowledge of BIM process in construction, manufacturing and design
- The ability to support the development of digital tools such as Autodesk Revit, Dynamo, MS Excel, SQL or similar
- A good understanding of data schemas such as IFC or COBie
What are the key responsibilities?
- Deliver and support the development of Data Templates for a variety of construction objects.
- Work with selected technology partners to evaluate their software offering and provide detailed analysis on maturity, functionality and suitability for LOR.
- Collaborate with LOR's key internal stakeholders (Design, Ops, manufacturing etc.) to understand and rationalise data requirements and capture within data templates.
- Collaborate with LOR's key external stakeholders (design and supply chain partners) to understand and rationalise data requirements and capture within data templates.
- Provide worked examples of data templates supporting interconnected internal business systems e.g. facilitating time/cost calculated directly from a BIM model.
- Provide worked examples of data templates supporting interconnected external business systems e.g. improving digital information exchange with our partners to improve our design centre or estimating and procurement systems.
- Uphold and act in accordance with LOR key values and principles.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then don't hesitate to apply today. The role will be based out of Manchester or Dartford but other areas will be considered.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity and sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected and valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email