Site Engineer - Civil Engineering
Location: Near Bridgwater, Somerset
Engagement type: Permanent basis
We have an excellent opportunity for you to join one of the largest engineering projects in Europe, Hinkley Point C. You can develop your career whilst working on an exciting project with innovative and diverse teams, this is an opportunity that should not be missed.
The role and project experience will enhance your skill set and be a great opportunity if you are keen to learn, innovate and deliver complex works in Civil Engineering.
This is the type of project which offers a large variety of work packages and the opportunity to advance, develop and grow your remit, greatly benefitting your career development.
What can you expect in this role?
A full description can be provided upon request.
- Support on method statements, risk assessments, task sheets and procedures, environmental procedures.
- Assisting engineers with dimensional control, spatial control, quality and innovation.
- Change management such as request for design change, sub-contractor checks, procedural changes and technical information.
- Information for the correct procurement of materials and services.
- Set up systems for managing materials approval, testing, product and plant.
- Assist all engineering levels with construction methods and practice.
- Advise and manage temporary works including design briefs and best methods.
- Utilise 4D design process to support preferred construction methods and build ability.
- Decide and shape the best solutions for engineering problems.
- Overall responsibility for the technical aspects of the work packages.
Scope of Work: Packages £20m - £80m in methods, preparation, pre-planning, delivery, materials on heavy civil packages. - Reinforced Concrete & Groundwork packages
Unless stated otherwise all positions are based at Hinkley Point C in Somerset. Somerset boasts beautiful English countryside, an attractive coastline, interesting towns and villages along with easy access to the M5 and within proximity to the cities of Bristol and Exeter.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed professional who is seeking a long-term career options on challenging projects.
You will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Apply now to join our leading organisation and grow your career. The role is offering stability, a diverse workplace, a chance to innovate, support to your career development and excellent benefits. Not to mention the life experience of working on one of the biggest projects in Europe.