Senior Project Manager - Bristol
Your new company
Hays are currently working in partnership with Gleeds to assist in the continued growth and development of their Project Management capabilities across the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for you to come and join the team on an exciting journey which will see their business double in size over the next 3 years You will enjoy and share in their success as they grow; clear pathways and opportunities for management and career progression. You will be delivering work across all sectors; education, health, commercial, residential, defence & public services. Their Project Management team provide a wide range of services and sectors and they invite candidates to apply outlining the type of work / ratio you enjoy.
Your new role
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that project management and/or programme management deliverables meet Customers' requirements.
- Managing projects and/or programmes to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator, Employer's Agent or Project Manager.
- Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
- Mentoring and coaching employees to their full potential.
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
- Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance.
What you'll need to succeed
For this role you will need to have:
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors; or
- MAPM (Member of the Association of Project Managers); or
- MCIOB (Member of the Chartered Institute of Builders).
For this role you will also need:
- Sound project management and/or programme management experience post qualification.
- Sound knowledge and practised experience of project management techniques.
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator, Employer's Agent and/or Project Manager.
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Clear and effective communication skills -both oral and written.
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work.
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- Sound problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills.
- Sound ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage teams.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.