Senior Building Surveyor - Bristol
Your new company
Hays are currently working in partnership with Gleeds to assist in the continued growth and development of their Building Surveying capabilities across the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for you to come and join the team on an exciting journey which will see their business double in size over the next 3 years You will enjoy and share in their success as they grow; clear pathways and opportunities for management and career progression. You will be delivering work across all sectors; education, health, commercial, residential, defence & public services. Their Building Surveying team provide a wide range of services and sectors and they invite candidates to apply outlining the type of work / ratio you enjoy.
Your new role
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that building surveying deliverables meet Customers'requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works -from feasibility through to design, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews.
- Preparing and managing planned maintenance programmes.
- Quality monitoring of construction projects.
- Planning service delivery in conjunction with the Director with overall responsibility for the project.
- Agreeing with the Director and Client the right sub-consultants to assist with delivery of a commission. Following the approved procedures for appointing Sub-Consultants.
- Communicating with and providing good sound professional advice to both Clients and other project team members.
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial information has been independently checked before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks.
- Remaining in the remit of your role and when additional responsibilities need to be carried out, conduct this in a fully informed manner with the approval of your Line Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
For this position you will need to have:
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).
You will also need:
- Sound building surveying experience post MRICS qualification.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of building surveying tasks
- Cohesive knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator and Employer's Agent.
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Clear and effective communication skills -both oral and written.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.