An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Director of Civil Engineering to become part of our growing landscape architecture practice based in Chester. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of project design and delivery, and in expansion mode! So we are looking for an energetic, ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to take on the challenge of developing a brand new division for the business. Focussing on sustainable drainage design, flood risk and the civil engineering involved in these key areas, you will have the responsibility for building your own team and take the lead in driving this division forward with the other directors.
The key objective of this role is to take ownership of key client relationships and work with them to plan, manage, design, and oversee each stage of the construction and delivery of their projects to a successful conclusion.
You will be joining a small, very welcoming team of true professionals who have strong ethics at the heart of what they do. So, if you have a design-led passion for the built environment and all things climate and bio-diversity and are looking to join a growing SME practice where your technical skills, knowledge and experience will be valued and appreciated, this could be a great move for you.
As our Director of Civil Engineering you will:
- Take responsibility for the successful delivery of accurate design and specification of civil engineering projects within the agreed timeframe and budget.
- Prepare, direct and review designs at every stage of the process, ensuring current guidelines and codes of practice are always adhered to.
- Liaise with statutory bodies as necessary for design approval.
- Ensure a collaborative approach for you and your team with the landscape architecture part of the business.
- Provide strong, effective leadership, motivation, and support to your team as it develops and grows.
- Lead the recruitment process to build your division, to attract and recruit the right skills and attitudes into the business.
- Work closely with the MD on the commercial activity required to develop sound, long-term client relationships.
We are looking for someone who…
- Will be ideally of chartered status or approaching it, with a strong technical ability and excellent verbal and written communication both internally and externally
- Is commercially astute across all key business areas and able to identify/ develop relevant business opportunities as appropriate
- Has experience in flood risk management, SAB work, road design and structural design for retaining structures/basins and slopes
- Is familiar in working with BIM and Revit/Civils 3D or similar
- Relishes the challenge and has the creativity to see how it develops
- Is a strong and proven leader who appreciates their team and their talents
- Is great at building mutually successful relationships both internally and externally with service providers and clients
To apply for this role as Director of Civil Engineering, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.
Closing date 31st October 2021