We have an opportunity for a Principal Engineer (Bridges & Civils) to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join the Transportation team in our clients Swansea office where you will work on a number of exciting, high-profile multi-disciplinary projects and frameworks in both the local teams and the wider UK, including major highways improvement schemes and local authority schemes.
- Responsible for delivering a variety of structural and bridge design packages for new highways schemes, maintenance and assessment works.
- Supporting the management of both individual design packages and entire projects,
- Supporting project resourcing and financial control to ensure schemes are delivered profitably & to programme.
- A degree in civil of structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE),
- Proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of structures related projects together with a track record of innovation in design and management of highway structures,
- Practical knowledge and experience of bridge design, maintenance and assessment,
- Use analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise different options and recommend the most suitable option,
- Ability to oversee the production of and review high quality design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications,
- Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as LUSAS, MIDAS, Super stress and Autodesk Structural Bridge Design,
- Experience of working with key clients such as SWTRA, Local Authorities, Highways England and major Contractors,
- Good understanding of relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB, TSRGD, MCHW, Eurocodes and those of Highways England and Manual for Streets),
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables, delivering within set time frame,
- Good project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types. This will include an ability to manage stakeholders, e.g. specialist suppliers, independent checkers and local authorities,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to converse with a wide range of Clients and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines,
- Ability to support bids and tenders,
- Experience of work winning and developing Client relationships.
The successful Principal Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.