We have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer (Bridges & Civils) to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join the Transportation team in our clients Bristol office where you will work on a number of exciting, high-profile multi-disciplinary projects and frameworks in both the local teams and the wider UK, including major highways improvement schemes and local authority schemes.
- Lead the delivery of bridge and/or civil engineering projects, and input into complex, multi-disciplinary projects,
- Oversee the production of and review high quality design and bid documentation, including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications,
- Derive potential solutions to engineering problems and use engineering judgement to recommend the most suitable option,
- Responsible for the completion of projects to time and budget,
- Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring,
- Stay up to date with industry developments, and undertake designs, design calculations, reports and specifications to industry and national standards.
- A degree in civil of structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE),
- Willingness and ability to lead the technical delivery of bridge and civils design projects, and relevant aspects of complex, multi-disciplinary projects,
- A sound understanding of technical principles underlying civil engineering, particularly civil engineering structures,
- Knowledge of relevant design standards, including Eurocodes,
- Proven track record of producing high quality deliverables with little supervision,
- Ability to prepare reports and collate specifications from all parties to the project and to collect other data and statistics necessary for the preparation of progress and technical reports,
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Word and Excel,
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The successful Senior Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.