We have an opportunity for a Principal Engineer (Bridges & Civils) to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join the Transportation team in our clients office in Stockton on Tees where you will work on a number of exciting, high-profile multi-disciplinary projects and frameworks in both the local teams and the wider UK, including major highways improvement schemes and local authority schemes.
- Responsible for delivering a variety of civil and structural design packages and projects for new build rail schemes, renewals schemes, assessment works and asset management schemes,
- Supporting the management of both individual design packages and entire projects,
- Supporting project resourcing and financial control to ensure schemes are delivered profitably & to programme.
- A degree in civil of structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE),
- Experience of working with key clients such as Highways England, Local Authorities, Network Rail, Developers and/or major contractors,
- Proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of structures related projects together with a track record of innovation in design and management of highway structures,
- Practical knowledge and experience of bridge design, maintenance and assessment,
- Use analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise different options and recommend the most suitable option,
- Ability to oversee the production of and review high quality design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications,
- Ability to undertake technical reviews,
- Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as LUSAS, MIDAS and Autodesk Structural Bridge Design,
- Good understanding of relevant design standards (e.g. Eurocodes, DMRB, MCHW and Network Rail standards),
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables, delivering within set time frame,
- Sufficient experience to undertake technical reviews of designs,
- Ability to lead bids and tenders, with experience of work winning and developing client relationships,
- Good project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to converse with a wide range of clients, stakeholders and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines.
The successful Principal Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.