We have an opportunity for a Civil Engineer (Bridges) to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join the Transportation team in our clients Derby office where you will work on a number of exciting, high-profile multi-disciplinary projects and frameworks in both the local teams and the wider UK, including major highways improvement schemes and local authority schemes.
- Responsible for delivering a variety of civil and structural design packages and projects for new build rail schemes, renewals schemes, assessment works and asset management schemes,
- Supporting the management of both individual design packages and entire projects,
- Supporting project resourcing and financial control to ensure schemes are delivered profitably & to programme.
- A degree in civil of structural engineering,
- A Chartered or near Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE),
- Experience of working with key clients such as Network Rail, Local Authorities, Highways England, Developers and major contractors,
- Good understanding of relevant design standards (e.g. Eurocodes, Network Rail standards, DMRB and MCHW),
- Ability to undertake technical work independently,
- Good project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types,
- Ability to support bids and tenders,
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to converse with a wide range of clients, stakeholders and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines,
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The successful Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.