We have an opportunity for a Principal /Associate Engineer (Civils & Bridges) to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join the Transportation team in our clients Chelmsford office where you will work on a number of exciting, high-profile multi-disciplinary projects and frameworks in both the local teams and the wider UK, including major highways improvement schemes and local authority schemes.
- Supporting the management of both individual design packages and entire projects,
- Supporting project resourcing and financial control to ensure schemes are delivered profitably & to programme.
- A degree in civil of structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE),
- Experience of working with key clients such as Highways England, Local Authorities and/or major Contractors,
- Ability to lead and support bids and tenders,
- Sufficient experience to undertake technical reviews of designs.
- Good understanding of relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB, TSRGD, MCHW, Eurocodes and those of Highways England and Manual for Streets),
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables, delivering within set time,
- Excellent project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to converse with a wide range of Clients and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines,
- Experience of work winning and developing Client relationships.
The successful Principal / Associate Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.