A Head of Quality & EHS job based in Willenhall paying up to £55,000 per annum DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working alongside a leading precision engineering company based in Willenhall in recruiting a Head of Quality & Environmental, Health & Safety to join the growing operation. Their industry-leading engineering expertise allows them to manage customer projects from concept to production,
Your new role
Your new role will see you lead the company to become a best-in-class high-value manufacturing business through world-class QMS & EHS systems, and manage the operational quality aspects across the whole business. Your main duties include but aren't limited to:
- Manage the quality team and ensure appropriate resource allocation across all business units.
- Overall responsibility for the compliance of all quality & EHS standards and accreditations, including but not limited to AS9100, ISO 9001 & NADCAP.
- To champion customer quality concerns and responding to customer non-conformance issues ensuring preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
- Development of the integrated QMS and EHS Management Systems, ensuring they are implemented and internal audits are completed.
- EHS responsibility and reporting and management of all processes, including ensuring conformance to all legal requirements.
- Carrying out routine site tours to ensure all safety, fire, security and environmental standards are being complied with.
- EHS incident investigations and the recording of incidents in a timely manner.
Working hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will require experience within quality, environmental and health & safety management in high-volume manufacturing environment, and ideally within the aerospace sector. You will also require:
- ISO9001, AS9100 & NADCAP experience.
- Quality internal auditing experience.
- Skilled in change management.
- Able to confidently coach and mentor others.
- FAIRs, PFMEA/PPAP experience.
- HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline would be desirable.
- Experience of QMS management, including QMS Improvement Leadership in a high-value manufacturing environment.
- Able to drive, lead and improve the processes, procedures and systems to ensure consistent compliance with internal and external standards.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent basic salary of up to £55,000 per annum, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and other company benefits such as life assurance cover and pensions contributions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.