Your new company
This rapidly expanding company has a wealth of knowledge across all areas of civil and structural engineering, with a broad range of experiences and specialisms within the team. The company provide services on a huge range of projects, including:
* Marine - piers and jetties, sea and river walls, ports, and harbours. A local recent significant project completed was the design of the new pleasure pier at Felixstowe
* Structural engineering across residential, commercial, healthcare, industrial and leisure settings.
* Infrastructure - flood defences, drainage, pavements, pre-planning and roads.
* Rail - civil and structural engineering on all aspects of rail infrastructure including stations, depots, bridges, culverts, retaining walls, gantries.
Your new role
A Technician role includes:
* Site inspection/survey work
* Technical and CAD drawings (Computer Aided Design)
* Assisting with design and general office duties.
* Assisting project managers to deliver project work
* Attend meetings and represent the company
The right candidate will be supported to achieve a degree qualification either through paid day release study or via the Modern Apprenticeship route. Opportunities to work on projects across the wider company will be available longer term if you wish to explore other sectors too!
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for people who are ambitious, motivated, and keen to fully embrace the opportunities and benefits that the excellent training and interesting project work has to offer.
The role would suit someone with a scientific and mathematical academic background, with predicted results at grade B or equivalent and above if applying out of college, and for higher education students a degree in a relevant course like structural or civil engineering at 2:1 and above would be fantastic to see!
This role provides a fantastic opening to a very successful career path with a wealth of opportunities available
Experience of AutoCAD either at college or university/within a work environment is needed
With Civils 3D or Microdrainage experience beneficial but not essential to apply, as this can be given as training on the job
What you'll get in return
You'll get great training support from the existing team members as well as the opportunity to be supported in your training towards civil engineer/structural engineer within the team. You'll also be given a competitive starting salary and opportunities to advance in line within the company as it continues to grow
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.