Project: Beckton AMP 7 treatment works
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Section Engineer to join our Beckton project. We are looking for engineers that want to be part of one of the biggest infrastructure projects available. Operating in a self-delivery capacity you will have the opportunity to run your own work packages using in-house resource and the latest technology. Sections Engineers will look after 2-4 Site Engineers and be responsible for packages of work circa £3m per annum. The roles are fully involved in technical delivery and not just overseeing work.
The opportunity to work on London's next big infrastructure project should not be missed. The position will enhance your skill set and be a good challenge for any engineering professional who works on infrastructure projects.
Scope of Work: Civil Engineering
- Assist and support engineers to ensure dimensional and spatial control is managed and maintained. Responsible for overall quality management, ensuring established best practise procedures are observed
- Working knowledge of minor temporary works and procedures.
- You will be knowledgeable in civil infrastructure projects. This includes knowledge of In-situ and pre-cast concrete.
- Ability to manage major sub-contract packages of work, in particular those with a high technical / engineering input with respect to H&S, programme, cost and quality. Knowledge of but not limited to: Setting out, piling, RC, concrete pours, groundworks, drainage.
- Interfacing with procurement to ensure the most appropriate materials, product, plant and systems are purchased for the project ensuring programme delays are avoided
- Be aware of the engineering design process to articulate appropriate information.
- Technical Knowledge Experience: Reinforced Concrete, Concrete Structures, Pre-Cast Concrete projects, Piling, In-Situ Concrete.
- Responsibilities also include temporary and permanent works for sites to ensure a smooth operation.
- Ensure environmental and sustainability procedures are implemented to satisfy contractual environmental obligations and any necessary third-party consents and approvals.
Knowledge and Skillset:
- Temporary works planning and supervision
- Utilities diversions, groundworks, structures, design coodination
- Knowledge of UK engineering standards and contract types
- Civil engineering knowledge in concrete, steel or piping
- Spatial Control
- Understanding of engineering designs
If you are an engineering professional who wants to be involved in the biggest projects with the leading construction experts, then apply today. Put your engineering experience to the test and pursue your career ambitions with the help of Laing O'Rourke.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email