This is a really exciting time to join our team, become involved in major projects and build your career at the Port of Felixstowe. You’ll be a key member of a team of construction professionals involved in providing and maintaining port infrastructure that will make a real difference to our business and make the Port an even better place for our customers, stakeholders and employees. As a Senior Project Manager (Civil Engineering) you will lead on construction contract matters through procurement, contractor award and delivery of construction projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a varied and challenging role working for a world class, global leader within port operations.
- Acting as the key liaison between the Port, stakeholders and contractors.
- Preparing specifications and contract documentation, collaboration with external consulting engineers, the management of appointed contractors, CDM co-ordination
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and promoting best practice
- Contract and budget management
- Make informed recommendations to continue business improvements
What We are Looking For
- Demonstrable experience of managing tender proposals a end-to-end procurement processes.
- Responsible for CDM co-ordination and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and promoting best practice.
- Evidence of managing large projects on time and within budget.Familiarity with managing off-site contractors
- Working knowledge and experience of managing multi-faceted construction contracts, inclusive of contract drafting, contract negotiation and administration, using NEC 4, FIDIC, JCT, ICE.
- Experience of making technical, contractual, and strategic decisions based on knowledge, judgement, and the analysis of data from numerous sources.
- A trusted leader with excellent communication skills, able to build successful relationships with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Have the ability to utilise data to make informed recommendations while identifying opportunities for business improvement.
- Experience of explaining complex issues around technical and contractual matters in a clear and concise fashion.
- Experience of working to the highest health and safety standards.
- Degree in a construction, civil engineering or project management subject or qualified by experience.
- Excellent of commercial acumen and knowledge of planning and project controls.
Hutchison Ports is committed to creating and developing an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants and encourage discussion about flexible working opportunities. We offer a supportive, community environment and have recently been awarded Chartered status by Women In Maritime. We have our own Women’s Network, offer leadership, mentoring and role specific training.