Technical Support Engineer
Location - Leeds/London/Manchester
The Technical Support Engineer is a core part of the Engineering Job Family and Digital Engineering Function. The DE function within Crown House provides the capability to fully engineer our projects before commencing work on site ensuring an optimised engineered solution, technical excellence, maximised use of offsite products, reduced waste, and enhanced delivery efficiency. All our engineers are part of our Engineering Enterprise and aligned with our overall strategy to maximise DfMA, Digital Engineering, and Early Engagement.
The Technical Support Engineer will deliver engineering and construction support within the Digital Engineering function, the roll will involve technical support to DE project tenders/Bids and project coordination at early stages through to full project coordination and drawing production. The role will also involve liaison with the DfMA and manufacturing functions.
- Provide engineering and construction mentoring and coaching to the BIM staff at all levels.
- To provide engineering and construction expertise to the DE team in complex technical areas such as plantrooms and risers.
- To assist with organising and collating project information against the DE information dependency tracker and program for use within the project BIM team.
- To assist with design teams to ensure DfMA strategy, coordination good practice and buildability principles are incorporated in to design information.
- To attend meetings and interface with CHt Operational Delivery teams as required.
- To communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Work as part of a team to produce consistent output.
- To into and advise on coordinated MEP services and ensure that they are integrated with the building fabric and structure.
- To have a good knowledge of the appropriate technical documents such as British Standards, HTM's, Building Bulletins and any other documents relevant to the type of project.
- To keep up to date with materials and methods of installation used during installation and offsite manufacture.
- Work as directed by the Lead Digital Engineer on a project by project basis.
- To provide mentoring and coaching to other members of the CHt DE team.
- Support the development engineering and construction knowledge within the DE team and to help introduce standards and good engineering practices.
- Proven good working knowledge of engineering and construction methods of construction.
- Significant experience in a site environment and can demonstrate a good working knowledge of problem solving, off site manufacturing and site installation, including plantrooms, vertical and horizontal distribution systems.
- More than 5 years' experience project facing site experience.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email