A Quality Manager job based in Willenhall paying up to £60,000 per annum DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working alongside a leading precision engineering company based in Willenhall in recruiting Quality Manager to join their growing operation. Their industry-leading engineering expertise allows them to manage customer projects from concept to production, and they seek to add a Quality Manager with background experience working within aerospace engineering organisations to their successful team.
Your new role
Your new role will see you lead the company to become a best-in-class high-value manufacturing business through world-class QMS systems, and manage the operational quality aspects across the whole business. Your main duties include but aren't limited to:
- Manage the quality team including engineers and inspectors.
- Overall responsibility for the compliance of all quality & EHS standards and accreditations, including but not limited to AS9100, ISO 9001 & NADCAP.
- Recruit new Quality staff in line with business requirements.
- Ensure that internal audits are completed, and non-conformances/action plans are implemented in accordance with the agreed schedules.
- To be the point of escalation for customer quality issues, to champion customer quality concerns and oversee the response to customer non-conformance issues ensuring preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the suitability of the existing QMS system.
- Utilise change management tools to ensure sustainability of improvements. Review and report to Management Team periodically.
Working hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will require experience within quality management in high-value manufacturing environments within the aerospace sector. You will also require:
- ISO9001, AS9100 & NADCAP experience.
- Quality internal auditing experience.
- Skilled in change management.
- Able to confidently coach and mentor others.
- FAIRs, PFMEA/PPAP experience.
- HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline would be desirable.
- Experience of QMS management, including QMS Improvement Leadership in a high-value manufacturing environment.
- Able to drive, lead and improve the processes, procedures and systems to ensure consistent compliance with internal and external standards.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent basic salary of up to £60,000 per annum, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and other company benefits such as life assurance cover and pensions contributions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.