An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our key clients who are looking for a talented Senior Structural Modelling Technician to join their structures team in Central London.
The successful candidate will be required to lead the project BIM team under the direction of the BIM Manager and will be responsible for managing project implementation and overseeing all BIM related activities relating to the project. In addition to this you will be expected to actively engage with the project team and collaborate with other discipline leads to ensure all models are fit for purpose and accurately coordinated throughout the duration of the project.
- Work with minimal supervision in defined areas of responsibility
- Assume the lead modelling technician role on assigned projects and as a designated Client contact regarding BIM on projects
- Participate in Project set-up, assisting Structural BIM Manager in the creation of the BIM Execution
- Direct and Supervise other technician / draughtsman activities as required
- Ensure company and/or project specific standards are adhered too and standard methods and procedures are followed,
- Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others' work,
- Responsible for meeting agreed deadlines,
- Represents the team/group/profession/discipline at external
- Industry relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification; Professional Degree Preferred,
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the Structural Engineering sector with at least 6 years of BIM/Revit experience,
- Capable of managing a wide array of tasks, responsibilities, and commitments efficiently and simultaneously,
- Can effectively communicate clearly and concisely and is able to listen and actively seeks to understand instruction,
- Able to identify and solve problems in a creative and timely manner with sound judgment,
- Consistently produces work of the highest standard and has advanced design and production skills,
- Checks their own work and complies with company/project standards and procedures,
- Proficient in the use of Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD,
- Familiar with 3rd party BIM applications including but not limited to Dynamo, 3DS Max, Rhino/Grasshopper, Tekla, Google Earth and Solibri as well as Microsoft Office.
The successful Senior Structural Modelling Technician will be expected to present a professional and positive attitude and a proactive approach to their work and evidence a desire to succeed.
For further information please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.