Due to our continued success and service growth, we are looking to expand our civil engineering team, so an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Engineer. Less experienced candidates will also be considered for an Engineer grade. The role will be based in either our Shrewsbury or Oxford office to suit the candidate, but will require travel throughout the country to visit sites but will subject to our flexible working philosophy.
We are seeking the right candidate who has enthusiasm and ambition to work with the service head to grow the team, and the services we offer to our clients. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team and lead the engineering input on an exciting and varied portfolio of infrastructure schemes in the development sector. You will lead the assessment and design of site levels, highways, new junctions, sewers, SuDS and flood risk management infrastructure, from feasibility through to the construction phase. You will be experienced at writing reports and technical notes.
The right candidate will be client focused and be able to effectively prioritise and manage workloads, with minimal supervision. You will have experience in leading tasks and the design of schemes and have experience of managing or mentoring staff. You will have good knowledge of industry best practice, guidance and standards and be able to take responsibility for your design work. You will be given the opportunity to contribute to the development of the service within the business.
The position is principally office-based with administrative support and the candidate will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments, and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative. The candidate will be expected to contribute to marketing the service to prospective clients and win work.
The candidate will hold a minimum of a HNC/HND or degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, will have at least 5 years’ experience in the sector, have at least an EngTech qualification and be a member of a relevant professional body. If the candidate does not hold an IEng or CEng qualification, they will be expected to demonstrate significant progress in working towards this with their professional body.
Expertise in the following core skills is desirable:
- Feasibility assessments and reports
- Outline and detailed drainage designs (SuDS and foul water) for various types and scales of developments
- UK highways and/or SuDS and sewer design experience is essential
- Modelling of drainage networks using either Flow or MicroDrainage
- Road and junction design, including detailed design for construction
- Experience of S38, S278 agreements and technical approvals
- Consultations with various authorities (e.g. Highways England, EA, local councils, utility companies)
- Site walkovers/assessments
- Interpretation of geo-technical reports for drainage designs
- AutoCAD applications, Civil3D and/or Causeway PDS
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Good working knowledge of CDM 2015
- A full driving licence is required