Our client is a highly successful East London based engineering practice that specialises in the façade design of prestigious projects across a range of sectors. They currently have a vacancy for a Senior Facade engineer with a wealth of façade and industry experience and expertise who is keen to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
If you are seeking to further develop your skills as a Senior Façade Engineer whilst being exposed to more complex projects as part of a well-established team then this could be the perfect role for you.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in structural engineering,
- Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE preferred,
- An innate understanding of structural engineering and façade physics,
- All round experience in building structures,
- Proven UK design experience utilising Eurocodes/British Standards,
- Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in steel, stainless steel, aluminium, timber and glass,
- Good verbal and written communication skills with experience of report writing essential,
- Good understanding of the importance of detailing to façade structures,
- Experience of coaching and briefing CAD technicians and less experienced engineers,
- Experience of site inspections/surveys essential,
- Experience of meetings/communications with clients and other professionals essential and a confident manner in dealing with them,
- Self-motivation and be capable of supporting/working within an existing team,
- Commitment to health and safety, CDM and CPD requirements.
Our client is looking for an engineer with at least 5 years' experience and a portfolio of successful project delivery. The successful Senior Façade Engineer will have a flexible approach to work, high level of competency and ability to rise to a challenge.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package a particular advantage of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a blend of office and home working to suit individual needs.
For further information regarding this unique role, please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726120