We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
Their Structures Division cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and the successful Senior Structural Engineer will support them with their increasing workload. The successful candidate will be able to work from any of their UK offices and/or remotely to reflect our clients flexible working practice.
You will be required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
- Deliver and guide multiple projects or parts of larger multi-disciplinary projects to completion, within budget and to program,
- Ensure the provision of efficient high-quality structural engineering design,
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties,
- Responsible for supporting and guiding more junior members of the team,
- Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training,
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities,
- A technical champion within the team,
- Check/review structural engineering analysis and design to both Eurocodes and British Standards,
- Reviewing design work carried out by members of the team and also outside third parties,
- Attending multi-disciplinary design team meetings,
- Assist in the preparation of fee proposals,
- Ability to inspect works carried out on site and monitor quality and compliance with design drawings,
- Producing structural specifications,
- Carrying out structural surveys,
- Prepare and direct CAD technicians to produce construction drawings.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE).
- Post graduate experience working as a Senior/Structural Engineer in the Building sector,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships,
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-discipline team,
- Ability to lead a design team and supervise more junior staff,
- A technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability,
- The ability to translate this broad range of technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of designs,
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage,
- The ability to develop scopes of work and delivery programmes,
- Experience of working with and managing, small focused project team,
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way,
- Assist in preparing bids and generally enhance our work winning capability,
- Experience in the design of building structures using the conventional engineering materials (steel concrete, timber, masonry) to both British Standards and Eurocodes,
- Ability to use AutoCAD and structural analysis software (Robot, Fastrak, Tekla or similar). Revit experience is also desirable.
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.