We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Civil / Bridges Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Transportation Division in their Croydon office are looking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer to support their team by working on a number of exciting, high-profile multi-disciplinary projects and frameworks in the local teams and the wider UK, including major highways improvement schemes and local authority schemes.
The successful candidate will use their technical and delivery skills to deliver a variety of civil and structural design packages and projects for new build rail schemes, renewals schemes, assessment works and asset management schemes. Your duties will include supporting the management of both individual design packages and entire projects, supporting project resourcing and financial control to ensure schemes are delivered profitably, to programme, and in accordance with quality assurance systems.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE),
- Experience of working with key clients, Highways England, Local Authorities, Network Rail, Developers and/or major contractors,
- Proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of structures related projects together with a track record of innovation in design and management of highway structures,
- Practical knowledge and experience of bridge design, maintenance and assessment,
- Ability to oversee the production of and review high quality design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications,
- Ability to undertake technical reviews,
- Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as LUSAS, MIDAS and Autodesk Structural Bridge Design,
- Good understanding of relevant design standards (e.g. Eurocodes, DMRB, MCHW and Network Rail standards),
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables, delivering within set time frame,
- Ability to lead bids and tenders, with experience of work winning and developing client relationships,
- Good project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types. This will include an ability to manage stakeholders, e.g. specialist suppliers, independent checkers and local authorities,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to converse with a wide range of clients, stakeholders and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines,
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The successful Principal Civil / Bridge Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.