Net Zero; Renewable Energy; Building Services; Heat Pumps; Biomas; Solar; Wind; EnergyPro
Your new company
Our client is a leading Net Zero consultancy with across the public and private sectors. They operate full project life cycle, from due diligence and strategic planning to feasibility studies and delivery. The client include major energy suppliers; food, chemical and product manufacturers and public sector organisations.
Your new role
The main purpose of the Senior Engineer (Net Zero) to the support the project portfolio across the UK and Worldwide, assisting clients towards achieving Net Zero emissions.
Successful candidates should have an appreciation of the wider energy system and how this is changing and
adapting as we move to decarbonisation. Experience of developing Net Zero route maps, renewable energy
technologies, electricity & heat networks and built environment energy efficiency would be highly
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or near-Chartered in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical,Process, Building Services or related disciplines;
- Excellent track record in managing health, safety, environmental and quality risks on behalf of Clients;
- Knowledge of the design and application of a range of technologies including heat pumps,biomass, solar and wind and their integration in both utility-scale and decentralised power networks (design experience up to RIBA Stage 2/3 or beyond would be beneficial);
- Technical modelling skills and in particular use of industry standard energy modelling software, such as EnergyPro or equivalent;
- Experience of advising clients in the delivery of Net Zero strategies, including the preparation of business cases and economic models and subsequently managing stakeholders through delivery and execution;
- Ability to co-ordinate technical specialists and manage cost, schedule and risk on multidisciplinary consultancy projects;
- First-rate communication skills.
What you'll get in return
Excellent basic salary plus benefits
Agile working environment
Hybrid working environment (home working)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.