SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER- Infrastructure- Highways and Drainage
Hays Civil Engineering are proud to be partnering with a highly-respected Engineering Consultancy with a diverse range of exciting, complex and high-profile projects in Commercial, Industrial and Public Sector developments.
This ever-growing consultancy has a strong presence and pipeline of working in the North of England, due to this continued success they are seeking a Qualified Senior Civil Engineer to undertake complex design of their Infrastructure projects, whilst using their leadership skills to further develop the Civil Engineering team and succession for the future.
Your new role As the Senior Civil Engineer you will work collaboratively with the Structural team, and accountable for a variety of large, complex and high-profile infrastructure developments, including Highways and Drainage schemes.You will regularly be involved with detail design and complex drainage models.
To be successful in this role you need to come from a strong civil engineering background on both highways and drainage schemes, in addition to :
- Qualified to degree level as a minimum, with commitment to achieving chartered status.
- Extensive experience in Section 38, 278 and 104 is essential
- Up to date knowledge of technical standards DMRB and Eurocodes
- Leadership and team management experience is a distinct advantage.
- Full UK driving license essential
- The right to work and live is the UK is essential
- Good working knowledge of software such as civil 3D and Micro Drainage (or similar)
What you'll get in return
- A competitive basic salary of £35,000-£45,000 per annum (doe)
- Working for an employer that is committed to professional development
- Flexible working options
- Competitive benefits: Excellent holiday package; optional health scheme; pension; cycle to work; childcare vouchers; access to free parking; bonuses (non-guaranteed) and social committee (post COVID19)
All this an access to a variety of challenging and complex schemes, as we as an employer that is committed to long-term development of its people.