Our client is a world leading design and manufacturer specialist equipment for the emergency services.
Senior Design Engineer - Pressure Pump
Location : Remote for the majority of the week, 1 day a week in West Midlands
Software : SolidWorks
Salary: Depending on experience
Your new company
Our client is one of the worlds leading design and manufacturer specialist equipment for the emergency services.
Your new role
- Produce designed solutions using 3D CAD on both sustain tasks for existing products and generating new designs for the future. This will involve creating 3D models and 2D draughts of piece parts and assemblies, both mechanical and electrical where required
- Produce detailed: 3D CAD models; drawings and technical specifications to a standard that meets or exceeds performance, technical, safety and on budget;
- Support testing of products and concepts either working with the Test and Development engineers or undertaking test work themselves recommending modifications following prototype test results
- Liaise with the development team to ensure that the customer driven improvements are effectively introduced with minimum impact when productionised in line with quality processes;
- Applies mechanical engineering principles, expertise and creativity to produce newly engineered designs on time to meet customer requirements, liaising with sales/ customer service, manufacturing, engineering, quality and supply chain as necessary to ensure the new designs meet customer requirements, are cost effective and production ready
- Creates and reviews documentation in order to avoid systematic failures in functional safety, including mechanical drawings, BOMS and specifications
- Provides wide ranging technical support as required to customers and all areas of the business, including: sales; customer service; manufacturing; supply chain and; quality departments and ensures that this is provided speedily and accurately
- Liaises with certification bodies to arrange new or updated certification as required
- Good understanding of problem solving to be able to interrogate information and identify key opportunities to improve the product;
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
What you'll need to succeed
- Eligibility to work in the UK, no sponsorship will be offered.
- Extensive working experience in a similar role
- Mechanical Technical Understanding
- Perform calculations and analysis to support product design (such as: Stresses, Strains, Loads, Fluid flows (liquids), Pressures etc)
- Understand fluid dynamics and ability to use theory in application
- Electrical technical understanding
- To have knowledge of basic electrical circuitry and preferably CAN systems. To be able to troubleshoot problems, including technology such as resistors, diodes, capacitors, and harnesses
- Assist and create where required, DFMEA and VA/VE processes
- Work in multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute to project tasks
- ADHOC as required under the provisions of the role.
- Problem solving: The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. The individual will also gather and analyse information skillfully allowing progression into the next steps.
- Interpersonal Skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, with Electrical experience preferable
- Familiarity with engineering drawings to BS8888
- Knowledge and use of Engineering change notes
- Knowledge of MRP systems (such as interrogating BOMS)
- Experience of using 3D CAD software to create 3D models and drawings (preferably SolidEdge and/or SoidWorks)
- Ability to use FEA and CFD SolidWorks package
- Experience with machined parts and castings
- Rotating machinery experience
What you'll get in return
- Ability to work from home / remotely the majority of the week. One day a week at the office (subject to change).
- Clear career path to grow within the wider business
- Excellent salary and benefit package
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call our Senior Business Manager Richard Nield on 07598044485 . If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.