Site Engineers - Structures
Discipline: Infrastructure, Modular Build, Civil and Reinforced Concrete Projects
Locations: London, Oxfordshire, Liverpool, Crewe
Laing O'Rourke has several exciting opportunities for Site Engineers to join one of our exciting projects in the UK. This recruitment drive is for newly secured work offering a stable permanent position for 2022 and beyond. Are you an engineer that wants to work on the best projects the UK has to offer? Are you keen to improve your skillset with the latest technology and delivery methods? Then don't miss out and apply today.
About the Roles
The Site Engineer will safely and effectively manage a set of tasks and will be technically responsible for the outcome. Reporting directly to the Section Engineer, the available roles will potentially include the management and supervision of technicians or student engineers on site. A lot of our projects utilise self-delivery. This means less reliance on subcontractors and utilising our own workforce and engineering professionals. This includes digital engineering (BIM), off site manufacturing (DFMA), Plant, Design and many other in-house functions.
Type of Sectors: Mixed use, education, shopping centre build projects, nuclear, water treatment, stadia, modular bridges and rail sectors.
Scope of works: Excavation, piling and reinforced concrete frames, prefabricated installation, in-situ works, temporary works and more
Are you a Site Engineer who wants to develop their career and progress? Are you an innovator who craves the chance to deliver rather than oversee? Then keep reading and see some of the Site Engineer duties below:
- Setting out, understanding of equipment limitations and methods
- Interpret as-built information
- Provides guidance to less experience staff
- Completes QA documentation and record keeping
- Implements ITP requirements
- Production of method statements or understanding of how they are produced
- Temporary works understanding and if applicable take on the role of a TWS/TWC (Temporary works coordinator) - You do not have to be a certified TWC
- Understanding of materials and plant including call off schedules
- Aware of site HS&E procedures
- Understanding design team responsibility and role including BIM
- Interaction with commercial teams to understand outputs on the project
- Working with planning and quality teams
- Ability to work with teams on the various systems being utilised
All of these roles are currently live and will be shortlisting soon. This is an ideal opportunity to register your interest in current and upcoming projects.
Other job titles include: Civil Engineer, Senior Site Engineer, Site Delivery Engineer
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, then please get in touch.