Project Façade Engineer / Major London Projects
Delivering Certainty Through the Power of Experience
Laing O'Rourke's Technical Function provides consistent technical assurance and diligence across our work winning, live and legacy projects. It is a multidisciplinary group whose work is focused predominantly on identifying risk, opportunity and design mitigations in projects at RIBA Stage 3 / 4 during Bid and PCSA phases.
The Architecture and Facades Group within the Technical Function helps to drive the Design Integration and Innovation agenda that sits at the heart of our Construction offering.
We are looking to grow its capability and resource to cover a rapidly growing workload from successful bids, PCSA appointments and live projects.
- Working with LOR's self delivery stakeholders and external consultants to determine the optimal facade, frame and MEP integrated solutions that will deliver competitive advantage whilst responding to the clients brief when assisting Bid and PCSA teams.
- Rapid Production of reports with 2 d and 3d explanations of technical challenges, risks opportunities, mitigations and systems that the Technical Function considers should be addressed for Blueprints, Bids, PCSA, self -delivery facade products and strategic live projects.
- Contributing to production of internal technical notes, innovation, product development and R&D initiatives.
- Carrying out site inspections, factory visits, witnessing of mock-ups and testing and preparing technical reports.
What do we look for?
- Degree in Engineering Discipline, or Masters in Façade Engineering, or an industry recognised technical or engineering qualification (NVQ level 4) plus demonstrable experience in a design and construction delivery environment.
- 4 years+ relevant technical / practical experience within a facade engineering role.
- Good working knowledge of the building physics that form the basis of current Part L, Part E, Document B and all façade relevant building regulations.
- Ability to carry out 1 and 2 d thermal calculations to confirm area weighted u values.
- Familiar with CWCT standards and principles of tested systems.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, then please get in touch.