Visual design - your chance to work on cutting-edge next generation products!
Systems Engineering Manager
**Do you have an interest in working on cutting-edge next generation products?
**Do you enjoy being able to initiate innovative solutions and be part of a team of leading specialists that are designing solutions that make tomorrow possible, today?
A Global Defence organisation is looking for an innovative Engineering Manager to work on the design of visual systems for the Royal Navy and other Navy's across the world. You will design develop and qualify visual sub-systems to upgrade Naval visual systems to enhance their capability. You will also define the integration and qualification strategy for optical sensors for Naval applications.
- Lead and coordinate high performance multi-discipline engineering teams through the full engineering design lifecycle.
- Plan and prioritise engineering activities and resources in order to get project s to completion ; meeting quality schedule and budgetary requirements.
- Develop the capability of engineers by coaching and sharing your knowledge in a continuous professional development environment.
- Ensure that the project deliverables meets the customer's requirements and contract specification.
- Communicate effectively, professionally and in a timely manner with internal personnel, external customers, consultants and subcontractors.
- Manage risks and identify opportunities during the project lifecycle.
- Create an environment that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
You will be an experienced Engineering Manager who has had exposure to systems engineering practices and understands the systems engineering lifecycle. You will have experience in system design and development of complex hardware and software systems. This could be from a variety of background such as Thermal imaging, lasers, Cameras, High Tech, Neural networks or Naval. You will have working knowledge of Safety (SIL) together with significant experience interfacing with internal and external customers, understanding system requirements.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
Technical competence in systems Engineering and one of the following:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Signal Processing
- Mechanical Engineering
- Control/Algorithm/Signal Image Processing
- Optical engineering or Related
- Embedded Software Engineering
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.