Are you ready to drive your career forward in 2022 by stepping into a fantastic new role as a Principal Structural Engineer?
We are working with an established multidisciplinary consultancy who, due to an expanding workload have the opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join them in their Hertfordshire office on a full-time permanent basis.
Projects: Residential, Commercial, Educational and more.
- Lead project teams, supervising and training engineers and technicians,
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management control of all aspects of projects,
- At a strategic level you will prepare an outline brief, visit site, review information including planning history and services,
- Preparation of preliminary layouts, assist in budget and programming and assess all the risks,
- Prepare technical details for Architectural design and prepare technical specifications,
- Liaise and attend meetings with Architects, clients, subcontractors and other professionals,
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
- Making sure projects comply with statutory requirements, especially health and safety.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A minimum of 7 years' experience as a Structural Engineer, ideally gained within a consultancy environment,
- Chartered with IStructE,
- Previous project experience in the residential, commercial & educational sectors,
- An understanding of superstructure, foundation & geotechnical design,
- Excellent client facing skills & experience dealing with various industry professionals,
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
Our client is offering a competitive salary & benefits package along with plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team.
If this vacancy is of interest to you and you would like to hear more details, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.