We are pleased to be working with a successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy that offers a wide range of architectural, planning and design services to help them find an ambitious and motivated Principal / Associate Civil Engineer to join the infrastructure team in their Colchester office.
They pride themselves on a collaborative approach, passion for the industry and wealth of experience which ensures that they consistently deliver the best possible design solutions for both private and commercial clients across both the private and public sectors and ranging from small residential developments to large-scale urban design.
The ideal candidate will lead a team of engineers and technicians on projects through all RIBA Stages of Work; from concept design, planning application drawings, technical drawings and specifications as well as assisting other members of staff and attending site visits.
- Project management to include assisting with the preparation of quotations, invoices and responsibility for the commercial success of projects,
- Communicating directly with clients, developing client briefs & attending project meetings,
- Management of the production of technical documents by other team members,
- Verifying design calculations and drawings undertaking by other engineers and technicians,
- Producing concise technical reports in line with customers' expectations,
- Visits to site to represent the company and carry out investigations and monitor construction,
- Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and specifications.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Ideally Chartered or near chartered with ICE, CIHT or IStructE,
- A minimum of 8 years' post qualification experience within a design practice,
- Strong technical background in infrastructure design, with a demonstrable track record of leading a technical specialism in a core infrastructure discipline (Highways, utilities or Sustainable Drainage),
- Experience of successful multidisciplinary project delivery; demonstrating both the ability to manage and motivate the team, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills,
- A willingness to travel, and desire to lead continuous quality improvement in work,
- Experience in AutoCAD, Civils 3D and MicroDrainage,
- Experienced of using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign would be desirable but is not essential,
- A Member of a relevant professional institution.
On offer for the Principal / Associate Civil Engineer:
- Generous pension scheme - 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance scheme - 4 x annual salary
- Bike to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave and 8 public holidays
- Full IT provision
- Opportunity to continue professional development
- Volunteering days
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about the client & position available, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.