Permanent Job - Geo-Environmental Consultant - Birmingham or Nottingham - Competitive Salary
Your new company
A prestigious & international company with 21,000 employees worldwide, and conscious of the company's impact in the communities which they live and work. Their vision of the future is to incorporate the concepts of sustainability more fully into their daily operations. Some of their clients include; Uk MoD, Amazon, Sainsbury's and various local; authorities, housing and retail.
Your new role
This role is as a Geo-environmental Consultant in the Midlands team based in either Birmingham or Nottingham, with key responsibilities for the design, management, supervision and factual and interpretative reporting of ground investigations. Our team of experienced Consultants will offer mentoring and the opportunity to progress to professional charter-ship following a formal charter-ship training scheme. We tailor your training and development accordingly to achieve your own personal goals, providing the specific support you need to reach your potential.
- the production of geo-environmental desk studies
- the design, management and supervision of ground investigations including accurate collection of site data
- ground gas and groundwater monitoring
- the production of health and safety plans for the above
- the production of factual reports
- the production of geo-environmental interpretative reports
What you'll need to succeed
Skills Knowledge and Experience:
- First degree in geology or related subject
- Experience of ground investigation, including design, set-up, logging, supervision, laboratory scheduling, groundwater and ground gas monitoring and factual reporting.
- Ideally experience in writing ground investigation interpretative report (ground contamination and/or outline geotechnical assessment)
- A willingness to travel for ground investigation works. At least 70% of the role will be site based and is likely to involve overnight stays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
- A good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
- A full, preferably clean, driving license.
- You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in site investigation including soil and rock logging and gas and groundwater sampling and monitoring and/or in contaminated land and engineering geological assessments.
- Water Hygiene Card;
- SMSTS, CAT scan course, First Aid and CSCS qualifications.
What you'll get in return
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Financial Benefits.
- Project management.
- Fearless entrepreneur program.
- Leadership academy.
- ToolTalk Webcast Series.
- Achievement awards.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position in Environmental Sustainability, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.