Our client is a global multidisciplinary engineering consultancy that looking to add an experienced Civil Engineer to their central Edinburgh design office on a permanent basis.
The consultancy offers a wide range of intriguing and complex infrastructural projects throughout the UK and further afield.
The Modern Edinburgh office is expanding due to many project wins in the healthcare, biotech, defence, custodial, rail, industrial, commercial, and food & drink industries.
At present the busy design office is working on a large custodial facility, a local hospital and various other infrastructure projects.
While developing your career and progressing through the organisation, you will be allowed creative freedom to produce Civil infrastructural designs, attend site visits, lead projects on occasion, and mentor junior engineers.
All the above (excluding site visits) can be done from the comfort of your own home 2/3 days a week
- Take a proactive approach with clients to ensure that the best solutions are provided.
- Demonstrate competence in civil engineer scheme analysis and design
- Develop, implement, and monitor scheduling and reporting programmes
- Attend site visits and project status meetings
- Provide advice, mentorship, and support to junior engineers
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered or near chartered level
- Experience with various design packages, AutoCAD, Civils3d, WinDes, Micro drainage etc
- 3+ years' experience in a similar design consultancy
On offer is a competitive package
- 7% Company pension
- Annual professional subscriptions
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual Bonus
- Cycle to work scheme/ season ticket travel options