Do you enjoy highways and civil engineering projects? Do you want to be part of a team delivering local projects? Do you want a regular income with company benefits and a good work life balance?
We are looking for two Assistant Project Engineer to join our Major Projects and Improvements Team.
Key areas of responsibility will include: -
- To design and plan the implementation of highway and civil engineering projects to meet set targets
- To assist in the provision of specialist design, technical and cost advice to clients
- To support the evaluation and authorisation of externally designed engineering schemes to ensure highway network asset meets regional and national design specification and safety standards
- To collaborate with Via’s Operation division to achieve company business plan objectives
- Ensure adherence to health and safety management systems, processes and requirements, and health and safety legislation
- To liaise with clients and stakeholders to maintain the positive company reputation
- To be an ambassador for individual schemes and for the company
Mainly you will be excited to be a part of our engineering projects, but there are just a few other things we’d like from you: -
- A degree in civil engineering or a related subject or equivalent knowledge gained through practical experience in a highway and/or civil engineering design environment
- ICT skills and knowledge of current computer aided design software
- Knowledge of current highway design standards and contracts
- Working knowledge of health and safety, technical, traffic management and other legislation and good practice appropriate to the role
- Experience of providing information to, and dealing with, internal and external customers
- Ability to plan, make decisions and solve problems to reach outcomes in a work environment
- Based in Nottinghamshire, with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff at a few different locations throughout the county. Via East Midlands provides sustainable highways services for Nottinghamshire and across the wider East Midlands region. Our roles include highway maintenance, electrical works, mechanics, construction, forestry, road safety, civil engineering and much more. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus and we are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
- Via is a great place to work if you value work-life balance and we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, including generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to our office-based staff. With most of our work being based in the East Midlands, our front-line staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day. By joining us you will be part of a growing organisation that positively embraces customer and community aspirations.
If this sounds like you, it would be great to hear from you.