Do you want an opportunity to work in a growing organisation? Would you like to develop further and learn from other experts? Do you want a regular income with company benefits and a good work life balance?
We are looking for a Surveyor to join our Environmental Management & Design Team.
Key areas of responsibility will include: -
- To produce surveys using a range of metric surveying techniques meeting quality, programming and financial targets to enable the design and implementation of construction projects for clients
- To provide site engineering services during construction including setting our and volumetric calculation, using a range of surveying techniques and to a high degree, ensuring that projects are constructed accurately
- Provide site engineering services, using a range of metric surveying techniques and to high degree of accuracy, ensuring that projects are constructed accurately, maximising productivity and efficient use of resources on site by clients.
- Produce utility surveys for internal and external clients using a range of electromagnetic surveying techniques to enable the design and construction of projects, to reduce the number of utility strikes, safeguard staff, members of the public and infrastructure assets.
- Create large-scale 2D and 3D spatial models suitable for design work using a range of surveying and engineering software packages to support the delivery of projects by clients.
- Take responsibility for the quality and delivery of assigned survey projects, including quality control, time and resource management and record keeping.
- To liaise with a wide range of people to facilitate project delivery and maintain Via’s positive company reputation
- To train and develop junior staff to help them reach their potential to deliver effectively
- To ensure full adherence to health, safety and environmental legislation, policy and best practise.
Mainly you will be excited to be a part of our environmental projects, but there are just a few other things we’d like from you:-
- Working knowledge and experience of all commonly used types of metric survey instrumentation including digital levels, total stations, GNSS and laser scanners
- Working knowledge and experience of all commonly used types of electromagnetic utility survey instruments including electromagnetic locators and ground penetrating radar.
- Working knowledge and experience of industry best practice including a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in PAS128.
- Knowledge and experience of survey data processing workflows including the orientation, integration, resampling and processing of field data and the modelling of and calculations related to 3D surface models.
- Strong ICT skills including experience of 3D design packages, point cloud modellers and basic office software.
- Strong communication skills to deal with stakeholders, sometimes on emotive and politically sensitive projects.
- Strong ability to react to changing situations and to operate independently without supervision and to be proactive in devising novel solutions to technical problems.
- Degree in Surveying or a related subject with post qualification experience or equivalent knowledge gained through practical experience in an engineering environment.
- To undertake regular site visits and to carry heavy equipment across areas of uneven and difficult terrain.
- Full driving licence that is valid for the UK.
- Based in Nottinghamshire, with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff at a few different locations throughout the county. Via East Midlands provides sustainable highways services for Nottinghamshire and across the wider East Midlands region. Our roles include highway maintenance, electrical works, mechanics, construction, forestry, road safety, civil engineering and much more. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus and we are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
- Via is a great place to work if you value work-life balance and we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, including generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to our office-based staff. With most of our work being based in the East Midlands, our front-line staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day. By joining us you will be part of a growing organisation that positively embraces customer and community aspirations.
If this sounds like you, it would be great to hear from you.