Principal Bridge Engineer
£50k - £60k per annum plus benefits
We have a superb opportunity to work with a team of talented specialists within a highly successful award-winning firm with offices world-wide.
This client, an international multidisciplinary consultancy, are looking to grow their team in their Ashford office and appoint a Principal Bridge Engineer to join their bridges team on a full-time permanent basis to assist with their rapidly increasing workload.
The successful Principal Bridge Engineer will oversee a full range of services, from sketch schemes to construction issue. There is no doubt this role offers great opportunities for development that you wouldn't achieve anywhere else.
Projects: notably bridges, geotechnical, highways, ports and maritime, rail systems and tunnels.
- Undertake, lead, manage and deliver assignments in the UK and overseas,
- Provide, assist and support the development and maintenance of a high level of technical capability to deliver the services,
- Deliver innovative engineering solutions and report results to line managers and clients,
- Undertake structural design and analysis using high-end analysis and design software across a broad range of bridge structural types, including long span bridges and using various international standards.
- Must be degree qualified in Structural or Civil Engineering,
- Must be a Chartered Engineer [C.Eng, MICE, IStructE] through a recognised institution,
- A minimum of 10 years' experience,
- Significant Bridge Engineering experience on large, complex projects,
- Extensive knowledge of Eurocodes, AASHTO and other national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies, procedures and best practice.
- Able to develop a cost-effective solution to the design of bridge structures, including build ability and alternative
- Proficient in the use of bridge design software packages and able to understand the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project controls.
- Knowledge and experience in structural analysis/finite element software e.g. LUSAS, MasterFrame, RM Bridge, SAM (Autodesk Structural Bridge Design),
- A willingness to travel is essential.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious engineer to join an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK & internationally.
If you are interested and would like to know more details about the role & company, please apply by sending your up to date CV through to Jamie Creed at Conrad Consulting -