Your new company
A fundamental organisation who work alongside their customers to deliver resilient, bespoke infrastructure solutions.
Within the design team, you'll work with water companies and infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to see the results of your hard work, working in tandem with the operational team. Your solutions will make a genuine difference to people's lives. You'll work in a growing national team that is inclusive, open-minded and somewhere your professional development can thrive.
Your new role
- Lead design on small to medium sized projects;
- Work on own initiative, with minimal supervision, or take a lead role working within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Responsible for planning and managing the delivery of design, including resource time, cost and quality;
- Prepare and monitor project budgets including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances;
- Create engineering drawings, reports and undertake site surveys;
- Create designs in line with client requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions;
- Prepare, check and present engineering solutions to others (drawings, reports, calcs etc.);
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders effectively;
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment;
- Be aware of health, safety and welfare for e.g. CDM Regulations and incorporate these into design.
What you'll need to succeed
- Design or operational experience in a utility industry, ideally UK potable water;
- BSc or BEng qualification preferred;
- Working towards CEng preferred;
- Membership of ICE or CIWEM preferred;
- Computer literate - Competent with MS Office and AutoCAD;
- Excellent communication with various individuals;
- Be client focussed in delivery;
What you'll get in return
- 24 days holiday before statutory (option to buy more)
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible lifestyle benefits
- Financial wellbeing programme
- Health and wellbeing programme and onsite mental health first aiders
- Paid volunteering days
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.