Our client is a successful engineering consultancy situated in Glasgow that is actively recruiting an Associate Civil Engineer to head their Civils Team based in Glasgow.
You will oversee a small team of engineers, coaching junior engineers, and ensuring that all projects are completed on time, to budget, and to the best possible standards as per client briefs.
As the Associate Director, you will work closely with colleagues across various disciplines and you will manage the delivery of technically challenging and profitable projects, ensuring expertise and knowledge can be shared throughout the business.
Successful Structural Engineer's Responsibilities
- Meet with clients to ensure that projects are completed according to the brief, on schedule, and to the best possible standards.
- Develop, train, and supervise junior engineers
- Prepare and direct designs, specifications, and progress reports
- Attract new clients and maintain excellent relationships with existing clients to gain repeat business
You'll require the following:
- A bachelor's degree in structural/civil engineering
- Chartered status
- Ideally be SER registered
- Ability to lead a diverse team
- An extensive background in the design of infrastructure within the UK
- A commercial appetite is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- £50,000 - £60,000 Per annum
- 35-hour work week with flexible/ hybrid working
- 5% matched pension
- Annual salary reviews
- Company bonus (bi-annually)
- Life assurance (3x salary)
- 26 days annual leave + 7 days over Christmas period
- Income protection (50% of salary)
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!