Project Engineer (Agent or Project Manager) - Civil Engineering
Discipline: Infrastructure, Civil and Reinforced Concrete Projects
Permanent, Fixed Term, Part Time and Flexible Working
Are you an Engineer who enjoys being part of the delivery on site? Would you like a company to support your development and make you a complete engineer? Do you want to work on a project you can showcase in your CV? If the answer is yes to any of the above then our civils works for HS2.
Laing O'Rourke has several exciting opportunities for a Project Engineer to join this project. Entering a key delivery stage, this recruitment drive is offering a stable permanent position. Do you want long term development with dedicated career plans? Is a strong pipeline of other interesting projects of interest to you?
About the Roles
As a Project Engineer you will safely and effectively manage a set of tasks and will be technically responsible for the outcome. Reporting directly to the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the management and supervision of 2 to 4 Senior Engineers and any sub-contractors. A lot of our projects utilise self-delivery. This means less reliance on subcontractors and utilising our own workforce and engineering professionals. This includes digital engineering (BIM), off site manufacturing (DFMA), Plant, Design and many other in-house functions.
Type of Sectors: Modular bridges and rail sectors infrastructure
Scope of works: Reinforced concrete structures, pre-fabricated installation, in-situ works, temporary works, quality assurance, design process and more are all part of being a Site Engineer at Laing O'Rourke.
Project Engineer duties:
- Working to UK engineering standards and assurance
- Temporary works coordination - Formwork, propping, falsework, lifting equipment.
- Reinforced concrete (RC), structures and frames packages of work
- Modular concrete works
- Responsible for the project management of the packages
- Construction methodology and sequencing
- Analysing models for buildability and suggesting improvements or alternatives
- Lookaheads and feasibility of design
- Helping the engineering team to understand what is required for delivery, directly communicating to them and helping to control onsite activities
- Looking after a team of engineering professionals with line management responsibility of up to 10
- Interfacing with the Construction Managers, Senior Project Manager and Principal Engineers
- Opportunity to work with the digital engineering team and trial digital methods
As a Project Engineer you will oversee a team of Senior Engineers, Section Engineers and Site Engineers along with management of subcontractors. You will also be a liaison point for the end client and design partners on the project. This is more suited to delivery rather than design however we do have Design Management roles available in our build sector so be sure to check the website. The Project Engineer role is based in Birmingham and offers an excellent renumeration package along with extensive benefits.
This is an ideal opportunity to register your interest in a project you can tell your friends and family about. Although Laing O'Rourke will generally look for permanent fulltime staff we are open to hearing from candidates that might be interested in job shares, part time and fixed term contracts. Talk to us about flexible, dynamic, job share and part time working options.
Other job titles include: Civil Engineer, Agent, Assistant Project Manager, Chief Engineer, Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer