We have an exciting opportunity to join City of York Council’s Highway Adoptions team to support the delivery of a large number of housing and commercial development sites progressing to construction stage in the coming months and years.
In this key role, you will provide technical support to the highway authority to check and approve drawings, monitor development sites as they are built to ensure that they are delivered in line with approved technical drawings and support the timely adoption of highway infrastructure in York.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience of working with a Local Authority or a house builder in either an engineering or a highways adoption role.
- Ability to independently review drawings, visit sites and address construction issues with developers whilst ensuring that the authority’s interests are protected at all times
- Ability to interpret and produce engineering drawings and design information
- Ideally, you will also hold a relevant civil engineering related qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
Please note - your CV must contain (as a minimum):
- Name and contact details (telephone, email, address)
- Full employment history (name of employer, job titles, dates of employment and salary)
- Explanation of any gaps in employment
- Contact details of at least two referees including current / most recent employer
The Council is committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer a generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and, as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C1: Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously, almost effortlessly. Only a conceptually difficult subject can hinder a natural, smooth flow of language.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Helene Vergereau, Traffic and Highway Development Manager, email@example.com or on 01904 552077
Interview date: Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews arranged for any suitable candidates on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.